Libby’s career pathway has spanned a professional career in health and social services, ownership of an agribusiness and directorship of a District Health Board. She uses her professionalism, wide experience and skills to achieve the best possible outcomes. In all her roles she develops constructive relationships and networks and acts with purpose and integrity.
Libby works hard to enable individuals, groups and communities to achieve their own positive solutions, and where needed advocates on their behalf to assist this to happen.
In governance roles for 15 years including currently – Northland District Health Board, Kaipara District Council, Northland Rural Support Trust, Volunteering Northland, Sport Northland and deputy chair Otamatea High School Board of Trustees.
Partner and director agriculture and commercial businesses.
Manager of Jigsaw North Family Services based in Whangarei, assisting children and their families.
Professional background of over 25 years in health and social services, community social work, leadership, training and supervision, mentoring, project management, and funding.
Experience in project management for Northland District Health Board, Kaipara Whanau Ora, Paparoa community groups, Massey University School of People & Planning and Northtec.
- Member Expert Advisory Group on Rural Mental Health and Addictions for Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa NZ 2016
- Joint Writer / Facilitator Kaipara Whanau Ora Programme of Development for Te Puni Kokiri Professional Leader Health Social Work, Northland Health
- Health and Social Services Supervisor/Mentor
- Member Social Work professional association (ANZASW) Board of Competency for ten years
Qualifications / Training
• Bachelor of Social Work – Registered Social Worker
• Certificate in Clinical Supervision
• Certificate in Social Work Supervision
• Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
• Graduate Escalator Programme of Agri-Women’s Development Trust – 10
month governance and leadership programme
• Institute of Directors training – Governance, Strategy, Finance Essentials, Not for Profit
• Extensive School Board of Trustees training
• Member Institute of Directors
• Member ANZASW (Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers)
• Member (Friend) of RHANZ (Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa New Zealand)
- Advocated alongside Paparoa community to successfully have nurse and GP services reinstated in Paparoa after removal by medical service owners, and for under 13 years free GP visits in Otamatea area
- Family Violence Champion for Rodney/Otamatea involved in raising awareness of family violence
- Organised public event and professionals workshop, with guest speaker Lesley Elliott of Sophie Elliott Foundation to raise awareness on safe relationships for young people
- Project Co-ordinator roles – in Puke Arenga Te Kohanga Reo – sourced funding and coordinated building of new kitchen and playground; in Royal NZ Punket Society, Paparoa – sourced funding and joint project managed the new clinic building; Northland District Health Board – reviewed services for future delivery in surgical women’s health, jointly coordinated creation of hospital staff gym
- Member of Rural Women NZ, Child Poverty Action Group and Amnesty International NZ
- Chair of Paparoa Sports and Recreation Association, active member of Paparoa Tennis, Badminton and deputy chair Paparoa Medical Society
- Previous Project Co-ordinator roles – in Puke Arenga Te Kohanga Reo – sourced funding and coordinated building of new kitchen and playground; in Royal NZ Punket Society, Paparoa – sourced funding and jointly project managed new clinic building; for Northland District Health Board – reviewed services for future delivery in surgical women’s health, jointly coordinated new Whangarei Hospital staff gym
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
– Judy Garland
Through my educational consultancy work I have got to know and observe Libby as the long standing Chairperson of Paparoa Primary School Board of Trustees. In this community elected position she has demonstrated a thorough understanding of the concept of good governance, and appreciates how effective governance is able to guide purposeful management which in turn ensures the most efficient use of resources. Libby has demonstrated an ability to lead her Board proactively, developing clear policy statements that define the Board’s statutory obligations and give direction to the school’s management and staff to deliver effective learning programs for the students.
Libby has shown the ability to lead, and involve her Board in revising the school’s charter and develop a visionary strategic plan that reflects the aspirations and expectations of the school’s community.
“What I like about you Libby is that you say what you know, and you listen. You have an intelligent, lovely, considered vibe. I’m glad that the AWDT has meant our paths have crossed.” Nicky Berger Understanding Your Farming Business Participant (AWDT)
Libby Jones is an experienced health and social services professional with a good understanding of the health and social services sectors as well as the needs of the community. She works collaboratively with a range of agencies and individuals and always works to ensure the best possible outcomes for the groups she is involved with. Rose Plunkett QSM J.P.