Libby’s career has spanned both health and social services, ownership of an agribusiness, directorship of a District Health Board and District Councillor. She uses her professionalism, wide experience and skills to achieve the best possible outcomes. In all her roles she develops constructive relationships and networks, acting with purpose and integrity.
Libby works hard to enable individuals, groups and communities to achieve their own positive solutions, and where needed advocates on their behalf.
18 years, including Northland District Health Board, Kaipara District Council, Northland Rural Support Trust, Volunteering Northland, Sport Northland and deputy chair Otamatea High School board of trustees, chair Paparoa Primary School board of trustees.
Worked with tight budget scenarios for farming, social services and commercial businesses.
Manager of Jigsaw North Family Services based in Whangarei, working with children and their families.
30 years in health and social services, health and community social work, leadership, training and supervision, mentoring, project management, and funding.
Experience in project management for Northland District Health Board, Kaipara Whanau Ora, Paparoa community groups, Massey University School of People & Planning and Northtec.
- Member Expert Advisory Group on Rural Mental Health and Addictions for Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa NZ 2016
- Joint Writer / Facilitator Kaipara Whanau Ora Programme of Development for Te Puni Kokiri Professional Leader Health Social Work, Northland Health
- Health and Social Services Supervisor/Mentor
- Member Social Work professional association (ANZASW) Board of Competency for ten years
Qualifications / Training
• Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
•Bachelor of Social Work – Registered Social Worker
• Certificate in Clinical Supervision
• Certificate in Social Work Supervision
• Escalator Programme of Agri-Women’s Development Trust leadership programme
• Institute of Directors training – Governance, Strategy, Finance Essentials, Not for Profit
• Extensive School Board of Trustees training
• Member – IOD (Institute of Directors)
• Member – ANZASW (Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers)
• Member (Friend) of RHANZ (Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa New Zealand)
- Regional Ambassador for A-OK, raising awareness for suicide prevention
- Sourced funding for Paparoa Medical Society renovated health centre
- Family Violence Champion for Rodney/Otamatea, raised awareness through billboards and education
- Advocated to reinstate nurse and GP Services in Paparoa
- Organised both Public Event and Professionals Workshop, with Lesley Elliott (Sophie Elliott Foundation) promoting safe relationships
- Project Co-ordinator roles – Puke Arenga Te Kohanga Reo – sourced funding and coordinated building of new kitchen and playground; Royal NZ Plunket Society, Paparoa – sourced funding and joint project managed the new clinic building; Northland District Health Board – reviewed services for future delivery in surgical women’s health, jointly coordinated creation of hospital staff gym
- Member of Rural Women NZ, Child Poverty Action Group and Amnesty International NZ
- Chair of Paparoa Sports and Recreation Association, member of Paparoa Tennis, Badminton and deputy chair Paparoa Medical Society